- 1 medium onion - 1/2 stick butter - 3/4 cup chicken stock - 1/2 cup heavy cream - 2 egg yolks - 2 chicken cutlets, sliced into one–inch strips - Breadcrumbs - 2–3 large brown eggs - Oil
2. Place a large, high–walled skillet over high heat. Melt butter and add chopped onion, stir and reduce heat. Allow onions to cook until golden. Add flour, mix and leave briefly to thicken. Add chicken broth and cream, creating a thick sauce. Stir frequently.
3. Remove chicken strips from fridge. Add egg yolks to the sauce, mix thoroughly and remove from heat. Begin dipping the chicken strips into the sauce and then onto the breadcrumbs, causing them to adhere. Sprinkle extra crumbs where they did not stick. Allow strips to cool. Then dip each in egg yolk and into bread crumbs again.
4. Lay paper towel out on a surface. Clean the skillet and return it to the stove. Fill halfway with oil and heat until it boils gently. Using tongs, place chicken strips in oil and cook until lightly browned on both sides. Remove from oil and place on paper towel to drain grease.
5. Serve hot with your favorite condiment.