What to listen to
- The moment has finally come. After three years since her last album came out, musical force Grimes has released Art Angels, a collage of bizarre pop and the best kind of weirdness you’ll hear all week. God. Bless.
- Major Lazer dropped a remix last Friday of his summer release “Light It Up” featuring Nyla and Fuse Odg. With a faster tempo than the original and the jauntiest trumpet you’ve ever heard, it’s the perfect song to listen to as you swipe into VP and pretend to do work.
- Electro-pop goddess Santigold just released the ultimate self-esteem song “I Can’t Get Enough of Myself” featuring B.C.. Upbeat and sunny, this song has arguably the highest shot of getting you through the last of your midterms before (yey) finals.
What to see
- Swing by the St. Elmo Speakeasy tonight(11/12) at 7pm for an evening of student performances. It’s on–campus and all donations from the event will go to West Philadelphia Alliance for Children, aka it's the perfect event if you a)are too lazy to leave Penn and b)think child literacy is good. #philanthropy #culture #penndayinlife
- Catch Canadian pop sweetheart Carly Rae Jebsen tomorrow night, 11/13, at The Trocadero Theatre. At this point, shouting along word for word to “I Really Like You” is probably the only thing that’ll numb the pain of it not being Thanksgiving yet.
- If you’re looking for an energy boost and also want to show everyone how hip n trendy you are, check out the apple of our eye, Shamir, tomorrow night (11/8) at the First Unitarian Church.
- Go hang out at Johnny Brenda’s this Monday, 11/16, to see U.S. Girls, with their distinctly eerie vocals, mesmerizing synth loops and interestingly soulful sound. It may be on a Monday, but treat yo’ self. The semester’s almost over anyway.
What to talk about
- Filed under Things We Could Have Died Happy Without Seeing: Donald Trump, infamous contender for the Republican presidential nomination, dancing in a parody of Drake’s “Hotline Bling” music video this past Saturday. At this rate, we're expecting(read: praying) for Hillary Clinton to launch a solo career in an effort to outdo him. Ah, politics.