This leavening-free recipe comes from my very own Jewish Grandma Florence, of Scranton, PA. Separating the eggs and beating the egg whites takes a couple extra minutes, but it's worth it when you taste the light fluffy goodness of these pancakes.
1/2 cup matzoh meal
3/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
3/4 cup cold water
1. Combine matzoh meal, salt, sugar
2. Separate eggs
3. Heat yolks slightly and combine with water
4. Add liquid to dry ingredients
5. Allow to stand 30 mins
6. Beat egg whites until stiff
7. Fold into matzoh meal mixture
8. Drop by tablespoon onto hot well greased frying pan
Makes 10-12 latkes
Top with syrup, fruit or a personal favorite, cinnamon and sugar.